this one’s a quickie – israeli cous cous salad that takes a total of 10 minutes (plus water boiling time) to make. it’s my go-to meal when i don’t feel like cooking. it’s filling, fresh, and healthy.
makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup dry israeli couscous (i use whole wheat)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 of an onion, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- balsamic + olive oil dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
cook couscous according to instructions. meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small pan and saute onions for a couple of minutes. let the onions and couscous cool for a couple of minutes. add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. this is my kind of 10 minute meal.