it’s been 4 months since we got back from thailand. tonight i decided to make some chicken curry (with a couple tricks i learned from chiang mai thai cookery school). the nice thing with curries is that the ingredients can definitely vary, but here is my take.
makes 4-5 servings
- 2 potatoes, peeled and boiled, chopped into large pieces
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup patty pan squash, chopped
- 6 thai eggplants, quartered
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- 1 chili pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
in a wok, mix together curry paste and coconut milk. add in chicken breast pieces and cook for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked through. add in patty pan, thai eggplant, onions, and chili pepper. cook until vegetables are done, about 10-15 minutes. add in potatoes and reduce heat. add in spinach and mix to wilt. serve over brown rice.